Discover Your Forest is hiring for the following Opportunities:
Part-time 20 hours/week through Sept 1st, this position has the potential to be expanded into 30 hours per week with benefits at the end of the seasonal term.
Compensation: $15/ hour
Education Programs Assistant supports the Education Programs Director for Discover Your Forest (DYF) in the Deschutes and Ochoco National Forests. This position is primarily responsible for coordinating events and on site experiences at Newberry National Volcanic Monument (NNVM).
Work Schedule: 20 hours per week. Must be available to work weekends.
The Education Programs Assistant is an employee of Discover Your Northwest (DYNW)
• Leading and coordinating field trip programs at NNVM
• Conducting confirmation calls and pre-visit information
• managing and problem-solving staff and volunteer coverage for field trips
• acting as a guide for students
• conducting follow-up evaluations
• Coordinating and implementing established events in conjunction with the Deschutes National Forest
o Confirmation and scheduling communications with presenters and performers
o Completion of all paperwork involving vendors/venues/payments/etc.
o On-site and day-of management at all assigned events
o Working collaboratively with Forest Service Staff to accomplish events
• Other Educational Program Responsibilities
o Assisting with the management of interns and volunteers
o Assisting with other educational programs as assigned
o Assisting with marketing, evaluation and administrative tasks for Educational Programs as assigned
Required Personal Attributes:
• Familiarity of visitor attractions on Newberry National Volcanic Monument and surrounding area.
• Personal integrity, initiative, and foresight.
• Ability to maintain a positive and productive rapport with customers, team members and
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
• Ability to think critically, solves problems creatively, and adapts to change.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Ability to move and lift objects weighing up to 70 lbs.
• All DYF Educational Programs are operated according to the terms of a contract with the public land agency to which the site belongs for the purpose of promoting and supporting the agency’s educational and interpretive efforts.
• All DYF activities are directly or indirectly dedicated to serving this purpose
• Position is located on Federal property and requires a high level of cooperation with agency staff.
TO APPLY: Send Resume via Email to Karen Gentry at firstname.lastname@example.org